Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 4

Assignment: Finalize our mash-ups of Lincoln or Lincoln era photos with modern day photos that we took. They will be printed and are to be hung in a gallery.

Craft: We once again put our photoshop skills to work to mesh our photographs. Some people made entirely new images while others just edited their originals. I used my original image, and tried different filters and adjusted some little things. 

Composition: During critique, I put up multiple versions of my picture. The class almost unanimously decided that the image with the graphic pen filter (my first attempt) had the best contrast and blending. This helped me decide to go with that one as my final version. The main problem with the other versions was that Lincoln's head was too light and didn't fit on the drummer's body as well as the graphic pen version. [ Blogger is not letting me upload my pictures for some reason,but they will be up shortly!]



Concept: My concept is still the same. I think Abraham Lincoln would be treated as a celebrity or rock star in our society today. I was hoping for that to come through in this picture. My other thoughts were that the picture could answer my question "If Abraham Lincoln was born in our time,in another place, what would he be like?"

No comments:

Post a Comment