Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Week 13

Assignment: We have just begun working on making our very own web pages with the iweb program. We must have a page that is an introduction to visual communications, a page that is about ourselves, and a page that showcases our work. On Monday we showed our first drafts and critiqued each others works. For the upcoming monday class, we must continue working on our pages. We have to post our own works on the pages. We also have to create an album for our comics to be displayed. We have to go through and make a second version of our comic to put on our page.

Craft: We are utilizing the iweb program to build our sites. We picked templates and then had to make them our own and bring in our personality. Two of my pages have different themes, and it was brought up in class that  continuity was needed. I have to choose which theme I like better and go with that. We also discussed picture placement and text. I need to work on changing the text colors to fit in better with the site and make it not as busy.

Composition: On my welcome page, the background was very calm. On my about me page, I picked a more chaotic design.  I think I am going to stick with the second template, the more chaotic one, because I think it fits my personality better. I used red type on one part of my about me page (it was the default color) and it was  brought  to my attention that it was too much coupled with the chaotic structure of the page already. I decided to change that and plan to mold the template into my own thing. 
 
Concept: Introduce our class and visual communications to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment